Friday, April 27, 2012

Independent Component 2


Literal
I, Darien Pasigan, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.” 
I completed 30 hours of my service learning at LAC-USC Women’s and Children’s Hospital. I spent it learning how the nurses go about doing their job and their daily tasks.
Interpretive
This represents 30 hours of work because I have been assisting nurses in the hospital by doing what I can given the certain amount of tasks I was capable of doing. This has helped me to better understand the daily schedule and tasks the nurses deal with everyday with their patients.
Applied
This component helped me answer my EQ because I am trying to figure out what is most important in being a Registered Nurse. By being able to do hours at this hospital it has provided me with a different look of things given the different hospital setting. It also helped me strengthen my answers by experiencing what a nurse’s regular schedule is like, how they communicate with the patients, and the different hospital setting it had. 

Here is a Log of my Hours as

No comments:

Post a Comment