Thursday, February 9, 2012

Independent Component 1


Literal
I, Darien Pasigan, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.” 
I completed 35 hours of my service learning at a convalescent home. I spent it learning how to deal with the elderly properly and how nurses go around treating each with their undivided attention.
Interpretive
This represents 30 hours of work because I have been aiding and watching nurses deal with the elderly patients. This has helped me to better understand what it’s like to treat elderly patients, how to communicate with them, and how to just care for them and respect what they’ve lived through.
Applied
This component helped me answer my EQ because I am trying to figure out what is most important in being a Registered Nurse and what I’ve learned from whit was you have to be compassionate. Compassionate in the way that you have to respect the patients, acknowledge their background in order to better treat them, communicate more effectively, and realize they all seek different needs and attention. I learned that being “too academic” with the patients only portrays you as working through the education for the pay and not through the proper qualities a nurse should posses.  This component gave me a greater understanding on how being compassionate 

Hours:
December
January

Evidence



No comments:

Post a Comment